Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spirit of Stupidity

Heavenly Father, I present myself humbly before your throne of grace, ever so grateful for all that you have done and will continue to do.  I thank you for your grace and mercy.  I thank you Father for the assurance we have as long as we stand on your word.  I pray Father that all who reads this message will receive it in love, and make necessary adjustments in dealing with themselves or others.  I pray Father that you set an atmosphere for each person to read and meditate on your word without any hindrances, and I pray Father that they walk away a bit better than before.  We give you all honor and glory and we pray this prayer in your son Jesus’ name.  Amen


There are some people out there who just make some bad decisions.  They make bad decisions regarding their health.  They make bad decisions regarding their relationships.  They make bad decisions regarding their finances.  They make bad decisions regarding their conduct on the job.  They make bad decisions regarding how they raise their kids.  I mean come on.  How do I know this?  It is very simple.  The results of their decision making are evident.  Any concerned individual could not watch and not feel the urge to want to step in an offer some sound advice.  It is even worst when it is a close friend or relative.  The challenge that those of us face who want to help is that our hands are tied.  Our hands are tied because these individuals refuse to take heed to what we tell them.

It can be frustrating when people come to me for advice.  I listen attentively to what is being said.  I write down the pros and cons.  I ask questions to make sure that I understand their dilemma correctly.  I even apply an old financial approach, when I tried my hand at financial services.  I apply G.A.M.E.  I gather all information. I analyze the information I gathered thoroughly.  I make a plan that will best deal with the situation.  I then virtually execute and evaluate everything.  I present it to them, and they agree they will follow it only to do the exact opposite of what I suggested, and receive the same result or even worse than what they came to me with.  I then ask myself, why did they come to me in the first place?  There is that saying if you continue to do the same things over and over again, you will receive the same results.  Why do people feel that the bad decision they made, and the results of it, will be different on another day if they make the same decision?  My goodness.  It is like some of the users I assist.  They enter the wrong password about 4 times, and then wonder why they were locked out of their account.  At what point did they say, ok, something is wrong here?  It is very frustrating family, because anyone with a conscience would not enjoy seeing this.  The problem is unfortunate, but it is what it is.  They are stupid.

Now before you make the decision to boycott my site, let’s look at it from an exegetical view.  The bible states “Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid.” (Pr 12:1-NKJV)  The Hebrew word used is “ba`ar” which means brutish as animal who is only motivated by a goad, or simply stupid.  Anyone who truly wants to do better will receive instruction.  They would be eager to receive it.  They would long for it.  They would be grateful that someone seen something that they did not see.  Anyone who is corrected is made wiser in each correction.  However you have those, who seem to be a dissenter by nature.  There would be no substance behind it other than just wanting to dissent.  These are the ones who just refuse to be instructed or corrected.  Some will try and say “who are you to judge me on my decision making.”  In the name of Jesus I cast that down.  I do not even receive that.  Is it the truth?  Yes!  Can it help you?  Yes!  Then receive the instructions and shut your mouth! 

You see family, a lot of times it is a nasty, stubborn spirit that you are dealing with, and that spirit know that you are coming in the name of Jesus Christ, and you will make this person a better person.  Once this person becomes better, and see how your advice worked for them, their faith will increase and that spirit will have no choice but to vacate the premises, which it does not want.  The bible states “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.” (Matt 12:43)  So that stubborn spirit is not trying to leave that host and will put up a fight.  So you will get that person who will refuse to hear instruction.  They refuse to apply correction on their life.  They continue in the same rut and mess because that spirit is satisfied, and now you have a person who exhibits that “I do not want to listen to your advice” attitude.

They are stupid, but they need help.  They need someone to pray for them.  They need someone who will stand firm and confront that negative spirit.  They may need to hear a testimony.  What they do not need is for us to say, “Well they will get what they deserve.”  No family.  This is not the way.  If it wasn’t for Jesus, we would have gotten what we deserved.  The next time we encounter a family member or friend, who we know just do not make the best choices, they may have a spirit on them that will send them to their death if we do not intervene.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment