Wednesday, March 2, 2011

God Still Loves Us




Heavenly Father, we come to you today Lord to thank you for allowing us to see another one of your glorious days.  I am blessed this day because You are a forgiving and understanding God.  You have done so much for us Lord and You keep blessing us daily.  Forgive us this day Lord for anything that we have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to You .   Please keep us, our families, our friends, and everyone we come in contact with Lord, safe from all danger and harm.  Help us to start this day with a new attitude Lord, so we can clear our minds so that we can hear from You Lord.  Let us hear what You want us to do Lord, so we can be of use to do Your will Lord.  This we pray in Jesus name.   Amen!
                                                                                                                    Prayer by: Judith Notice

Sometime last year my son and daughter put on a wonderful display of disobedience and shame.  No, I am not crazy; patience my friends.  It was on a Saturday and I was watching them while my wife ran some errands.  I have a soft spot for them, so I usually let them have their way with a limited amount of intrusion on my part.  It was in the afternoon, and they were upstairs moving around and making noise.  It was tolerable only because I was interested in whatever I was watching.  Some time passed and I noticed I did not hear them.  I called out for them, but I did not get an answer.  All of the entrances and exits are downstairs and they have no access to the windows, so I knew they were in the house.  I figured they were playing hide and seek with me, but I just wanted assurance that they were ok.  I called out to them again, but still no answer.  I turned off the T.V. to make sure I can hear them, but still no answer.  Now I am beginning to get angry.  I began to navigate up the stairs and call out to them and still no answer.  So now I am saying to myself, they definitely will have some explaining to do.  I made it to their room, and there was no sight of them.  I turned around to exit, and I heard shuffling in their closet.  I opened their closet door and I seen my son only in his underwear, and my daughter did not have on her shirt.  I asked them why they are not dressed, but all I got was silence.  So I turned to get their belt and as I turned and stepped, the carpet was wet.  As I surveyed some more I seen my son’s clothes partially hanging off their hamper and I looked back in the closet, and I saw my daughter’s shirt carefully tucked in a corner.  Now I knew what happened.  So I looked back on them, and I asked them again but no answer.  My son, loves his younger sister and will protect her, so if I made attempts to punish her, he will intervene.  I looked to her and reached my hand to pull her to me, and he blurted it out.  They were playing with some toy they got in their happy meals that shoots water. 
They knew how I felt about playing in water, yet they still did it.  It was when they heard me calling them they realized their disobedience.  Even when they tried to cover the evidence, the guilt they felt of having to face me was too much so they hid.  They heard me calling them, and yet they still hid from me.  I was looking at them, and I could see the shame and fear on their faces.  I did not ask them why did they not answer when I called, nor did I ask them why did they hide.  I knew the answer.  I did punish them, but not in the manner they were expecting.  Why?  Because I love them.  Yes they disobeyed me, but they are my children, and I want them to learn from this.  I wanted them to know how it feels to be given a second chance.  Hallelujah!  Many of your spirits should be burning right now, because you know where I am getting at.  Amen!
God is faithful and His Love is demonstrated in His word.  The bible states “Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.  "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.  "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.”  (Isa 55:7-9)  My goodness!  This is why so many people choose not to go to church.  They feel they are not worthy.  They feel that they have done too many bad things and cannot seek the Lord.  They feel there is no hope for them.  Oh, how wrong they are.  God wants them to come back to Him.  Those thoughts they are having, are how they would think, but God said His thoughts are not based on their type of emotions.  God’s love is not contingent on anything.  Amen, God’s love is unconditional.  He is saying they may think there is no hope, but He will ensure hope.  Can you get with me on this family? God still loves you if you stole, He does not want you to steal again.  God still loves you if talked bad about someone without cause; He does not want you to do it again.  When that woman was brought before Jesus under the sin of adultery, after he put the Pharisees in their place, he told her to go and sin no more. 
It is never too late to turn your life over to God.  There is nothing you have done that would be so wicked that if you come before God and ask forgiveness, that He will turn you away.  Choose this day, because tomorrow is never promised.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment