Thursday, February 10, 2011

He Is Able (Archive)



I had men’s fellowship on Tuesday, and Pastor Chris Likely posed a question to the men present.  He asked us what is our fear, and what would we do to overcome it.  It sort of caught me off guard because as I began to grown in Christ, all of my fears and concerns subsided.  However, when you turn on the T.V, and see the chaos of the world, the chaos in our politics, even the chaos in our individual cities, it gave me pause.  I just looked up to the Lord and said three familiar words.  “Lord have mercy.”  But I am also reminded of the God I serve, and I began to feel that peace again.  Family, the world will bring chaos to you.  The world will bring trials and tribulation to you.  The world will bring turmoil to you.  All unfavorable things the world will bring them to you, but God will give you something absent of all these, and that is peace, because in His son Christ, you are victorious since he has overcame the world, so be of good cheer. 
 In looking at the world, and having front seat to the wickedness brought on by some of its inhabitants, it is almost inevitable that some of that wickedness, we too will taste.  The affect can bring about death to a loved one.  It could cause someone to lose their job.  It could result in someone losing their home.  It can cause a spouse to be unfaithful.  It could cause our children to be disrespectful. It could cause pain, pain, pain and more pain.  There are people who can relate to what I am saying and see no way out, but there is a God who desires nothing but the best for us.  The bible states “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jer 29:11)  God knows His purpose for our lives.  He knows why it is necessary for us to go through some trials and tribulation.  In your eyes it may seem impossible, but the God we serve is able and in Him all things are possible (Matt 19:26)
 I know to those who have experienced trial, after trial, after trial, it is easier said than done.  However there must be a start, and in this start we have to learn to trust God, and what He says in his word.  Consider the following:
"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Num 23:19)
“So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” (Isa 55:11)
“Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” (Rom 8:37)
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,” (Eph 3:20)
God is not a liar, nor is He capable of lying.  This means when He speaks there is no fallibility in His words; therefore we can trust and depend on them.  His word has power that when it is spoken it bestows results.  Its sole purpose is to exact action.  If we were to believe in His word, and apply them to our lives, no matter what we face, will not only cause us to overcome the specific trial, which by definition makes us a conqueror, but His word would exalt us higher than a conqueror.  Finally, all of this can be done if we tap into that power that is known as the Holy Spirit.  The capabilities was so beyond human comprehension, that the Apostle Paul had to compile 3 words to point to the over sufficient results we are to expect if we decrease our focus on our inability and increase our focus on God’s ability.
Family.  Friends.  I speak to you about God because of what I’ve experienced.  There was a time, I did not want to hear what anybody had to tell me about God.  However I saw how God transformed my wife right before my eyes, which caused me to investigate His Word.  In doing so, I have personally discovered a micro portion of God’s mysteries.  No matter what you are facing.  No matter how it appears to you right now.  I encourage you to give God a try.  He is more than able to remove the obstacle that causes you to stumble.  His desire is that you trust in Him and acknowledge Him, and we will direct you to where you need to go.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment