Friday, February 11, 2011

The Devil is Patient



Every now and again my wife and I would have disagreements.  We have 20+ years under our belts so of course they are expected.  I could not remember when we had a disagreement that lasted more than a day.  If it was, it was before she and I were saved.  Last weekend it appeared that something ignited in both of us, because almost every word either of us spoke ended in us arguing.  The only times we had peace if either of us were not at home, or if we were at home, we did not speak to each other.  I began to think if it was something she asked me to do, and I did not get to it.  I drew a blank so that wasn’t it.  Since our oldest son is in his high teens, we differ on what he should be held accountable for, but it is a minor difference, and we differed before, so that wasn’t it.  I let it go, and I said to myself, by the grace of God, it will pass.  What caused me to get in fight mode, meaning spiritual fight mode, was when we went to church, heard a very good message from our pastor, had a good ride home, but went at it on something I felt was so unimportant when we got home.  Yes, sometimes what I may feel is unimportant, may be important to her.  However this was different.  It caused me to pause and just look at my wife’s rage.  Then, I realized the cause of the strife.  There was a demonic force present and it caused discord between my wife and I.  I remember saying to myself, “Oh, you will be addressed!   You have no home here.”
All of this took place from Saturday to Tuesday.  On Tuesday, I would be going to my men’s fellowship.  I knew I was going to be surrounded by powerful men of God; including my former Pastor who I know if needed, will put some oil on me, and pray a covering over me.  I was excited.  Even on Tuesday, my wife and I had a small run in.  It is a 40 minute drive to the fellowship and the whole time, instead of praying, I was looking forward to be prayed over and to come back home and address that spirit.  About 30 minutes into the drive, my wife text me and apologized for whatever she had done.  She acknowledged that the devil is causing strife and she does not like it.  I chuckled to myself, and said, “Who would like it.”  I texted back and said we are good babe.  We already had victory….for now.  I acknowledged what it was, and now my wife confirmed it.  This particular force is not strong enough to do any more damage, because I know I am anointed enough to deal with it and because my wife acknowledged it as well, she has anointing power to deal with it also, so we are good; as stated…for now.  We went to church on Wednesday night, and there was a book that one of the teachers suggested we purchase.  Guess what the title was.  “Rules of Engagement” was the title of the book.  It speaks on dealing with spiritual warfare.
Family, if you believe in God, if you believe in His Son Jesus Christ, if you believe in the awesome power of the Holy Spirit, then you have to acknowledge that there is a devil.  This devil has a vendetta to try to get back at God.  He cannot get at God directly, so he goes after His children.  That would be us.  Consider these scriptures:
"If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it." (Gen 4:7)
Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.  And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.  Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." (Mt 4:3)
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.”  (1Pe 5:8)
These scriptures speak to the very nature of the devil.  Sin lies at the door, the devil tempted Jesus after 40 days and nights, he walks about like a roaring lion.  The devil is patient.  He looks and wait for an opportune time to cause chaos.  He did not wait for 10 days prior to speaking with Jesus.  Nor did he wait for 20 or 30 days.  He waited for 40 days.  Jesus flesh began to talk to him, and that is when the devil came to have a word.  Have any of you seen a lion hunt?  The lion just do not pounce on the victim.  He watches.  He lay and waits.  He uses stealth precision before attacking its prey.  This is how the devil and his demonic hosts behave.  If we are not careful in remaining spiritual, not having a malicious heart, not allowing unfruitful words to pass our lips, we will become a victim of what I shared.  I had favor because my wife and I were stronger than this particular force.  Imagine having to contend with multiple ones.  That is why I am careful who I bring in my home.  You don’t know what may jump off of them and want to take residence.  Amen!
The bible states “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,” (2Co 10:4) Amen, children of God fight a different fight.  We fight an enemy we cannot see or touch.  We fight an enemy who is well patient.  We fight an enemy who desires to see us destroyed.  It is of the utmost importance that we stay prayed up.  We need to have a constant covering over us.  When we walk, the devil and his demonic forces are salivating at the mouth, if you would accept the metaphor.  Don’t give them a chance to devour you.  Don’t make way for them to persuade your thoughts.  They are real family.  There are many scriptures that speak to us on how to combat this enemy.  I will share one that is familiar and effective.  Click here.   Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivie,

      Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read what I have shared. You are truly welcome.

      Delete