Friday, February 25, 2011

Others Need To Hear Also



Heavenly Father, I come boldly and humbly before your throne of grace, in awe of your magnificent power and glory, to express my thanks to you Lord.  I thank you for your love.  I thank you for your guidance.  I thank you for your mercy.  I thank you for peace.  I thank you for freedom.  And I thank you for your son Jesus.  I pray this morning, that I be used as a worthy vessel, to bring forth a word that is pleasing to you.  I pray this morning,  if it be your will, that this word not only be read Father, but practiced.  I pray Lord that it penetrates your children’s inner parts, and cause them to exact change on their daily living.  I pray Father, if you see it not robbery, that you bless this message for the purpose of building your Kingdom.  I give you the honor, the praise and glory, and I pray this prayer in the name of your son Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith.  Amen!  Amen! Amen!


I remember when I first heard the word of God preached.  I was motionless.  It appeared as though the preacher was speaking directly at me.  The words were putting my whole life on display.  I remember saying “how on earth could he have known that.”  I was looking around to see if people were looking at me.  They had to be in on it.  However, all eyes were on the preacher, and every now and then, the preacher’s eyes met mine where I swore he was looking right through me.  My eyes began to lower to the floor.  Although I tried not to look at him, my ears were still functioning.  I began to close my eyes tighter, as though that would have affected my ears.  Has that ever happened to any of you?  It was the conviction that was felt knowing I was guilty of the charges being brought to me.  Then, in the next few minutes, I heard about how I am not the only one.  The preacher was also speaking about himself, and others who were also guilty.  I looked around and seen the congregation nodding in agreement.  Then he spoke about a man who died for us so that we do not have to pay the penalty of our actions.  I was excited.  I felt relieved.  I had another chance.  I looked again at the others in the congregation and they had their hands raised to the ceiling shaking and nodding their heads, with no sense of pattern.  It appeared they had no control.  There were so many tears.  Although I was motionless, I could identify with what they were feeling.  I was told of my wicked ways, which I concurred with honesty.  I was told of what I should have received as punishment, but I was spared.  It was believable.  I trusted the words that I was hearing.  I felt grateful.  Can any of you relate to what I am saying?  Didn’t it feel good to hear that you were forgiven?  Now picture all of those people out there in our society, who are not hearing what we’ve heard.

There are people at our jobs who have not heard like we’ve heard it.  There are people who we pass on a daily basis, who we barely say good day to, have yet to hear.  Every week when we go to the supermarket, we at times see the same customers, who also have not heard.  There are neighbors to our left and right, front and back, who see you on Sundays when you leave, and they see you when you return, who have not had anyone to share with them what penetrated our inner parts.  Shouldn’t they have the opportunity to hear like we have?  Are they beneath us why they can’t have an opportunity to be convicted?  Yes, we always invite people who we speak to on a daily basis to church.  How about inviting the ones who we rarely speak to?  Do you remember how good it felt to hear the words that led you to be saved?  Wouldn’t you want to share that same feeling to others?

The bible states “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony” (Rev 12:11) The “him” is the devil and his devices.  The devil persuades people to give up in a time of trial.  He causes people to hate each other without cause.  He causes us to lust after the things of this world.  Everything the devil puts his hands on brings death.  However, the blood of Jesus Christ in the form of His sacrifice gave each and every one of us the opportunity for eternal life.  We all have a testimony on how we were saved by grace, and when we share this with people; they too will realize they can also obtain this grace.  It is word of mouth.  It is networking.  We can share with people on which stores have the best deals, or which restaurant has the best tasting food.  How about sharing how good God is?  Share with people how when you were down, you just called on the name Jesus, and a way were made out of no way.  Share how you were about to bust hell wide open until the word of God was preached to you.  Share how good it felt to finally be free of the unnecessary bondage you were put in by way of your thinking.  Share Jesus!!!!!!!!!

We were saved by the word of God.  Whether it was preached, or someone just shared their testimony, once heard, we decided to embark in a new direction because of it.  There are many out there who also need to hear.  Is it your duty?  Well, what do you think Jesus would want you to do?  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment