Thursday, February 17, 2011

Consequences of Anger



Oh heavenly and gracious Father, I come to you this morning Lord, to thank you.  I thank you Father for giving us another opportunity to see another day that You have made Lord.  Lord, we thank you Father for blessing us.  Father God, I come to you dear God in the name of Jesus to pray that You strengthen us Lord so that we will be strong enough to resist the temptations that the devil send our way Lord.  Remove the distractions that are around us or near us oh Lord.   Help us to draw to you Lord as our Savior dear God.   Only You and You alone are able, and have the power to rescue us Lord.  Thank You Jesus...I pray oh Lord for ones who are sick Lord.  I pray for recovery for them Lord. I pray that you heal them oh Lord.  I pray for those who are jobless Lord. I pray that you help them to find work that is suitable in your eyes oh Lord and not theirs.   God bless those with finance issues.   Lord bless them so they will be able to take care of their family Lord. Strengthen the ones who are grieving now Lord. Be therir comforter dear Lord.  Let them know Father God that YOU are there for them Lord. Thank You Jesus, oh Thank you Lord. I pray dear God for all the saints our there God that is doing your work Lord. I pray a payer of protection on them Lord. that you will continue to strengthen them in their walk Lord. Continue to give them knowledge Lord and understanding of what you say Lord and not what they say Lord. Continue to help them to feed your sheep Lord.  Father we thank You , we worship you Lord we give you the glory Father in Jesus name I pray and ask Lord.  Amen!
                                                                                                Prayer by: Judith Notice

Anger!  What is anger?  The definition I looked up and agree with, is a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; Yep.  I agree.  I must share with you without going into too much detail, my “strong feeling of displeasure” I had one night; and of all places; at church.  We had a business meeting that got out of hand, and because a charge was made against certain people, a charge that I agreed with, my anger aroused on the way my former pastor handled it.  I was furious to be exact.  I was completely out of order.  I did not have the firm mental capacity to try to resolve the issue or at least table it temporarily until we have a side meeting; possibly in the pastor’s office.  So I allowed my flesh to take over, to the point I realized I was close to using choice words, so I ended up excusing myself.  This blatant disrespect led the congregation to believe that there was no harmony between pastor and me.  This resulted in a divided church, which eventually scattered the flock.  All because of anger.
Anger can lead to an undesirable result that we cannot repair.  My issue, although was embarrassing, it can be repaired.  What about the ones that cannot?  The word of God states “Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath.” (Eph 4:26) We can be angry, but we are not to act negatively based on it.   Let us consider a consequence of someone who allowed his anger to sin.  In Num 20:1-13, we read about the children of Israel’s ungrateful behavior in the wilderness.   They seem to have forgotten what Moses and Aaron have done for them by God’s instructions.  It was through God’s instruction why they were able to leave Egypt.  It was through God’s instruction why they were able to successfully flee the armies of Pharaoh.  It was also through God’s instruction how they were able to survive in the wilderness.  Their lifeline was God!!!! Amen, but in between the happy times, there were bad times, and it is when they were faced with these bad times, they allowed their flesh to get control of them, and begin to do things that were not pleasing to God.  They were angry!  And now this anger has affected Moses.
The word of God states “Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret-it only causes harm.” (Ps 37:8)  Simply put, when we get angry we do stupid things.  Some of these things we cannot undo.  In the case of Moses, he was so angry with the people, that he forgot his directive, forgot, his position, which in result did not please God.  His anger led him to believe that speaking to the rock would not be sufficient; therefore he smote the rock without any command to do so.  His anger led him to not do it once, but twice, which certainly in this case indicated a great agitation of his spirit.  His anger permitted his spirit to be carried away by a sense of the people's disobedience, and being provoked, he was led to speak unwisely with his lips: “Hear now, ye REBELS” His anger did not acknowledge God in the miracle which was about to be manifested, but took the honor to himself and Aaron: "Must “WE” fetch you water out of this rock?" His anger made it appear  that they did not properly believe in God, and did not honor Him in the sight of the people; for in their presence they seem to express a doubt whether the thing could be possibly done (speak to the rock).  And because of this, Aaron appears to have been consenting in all of it; therefore he is also excluded from the Promised Land.  My goodness.  I was speaking with a sister in Christ on Tuesday, and she shared with me, it is not good to be in the hands of an angry God.  Man is she right.
Family, anger/jealousy caused Cain to smite Abel.  Anger caused Saul to lose his kingdom.  Anger nearly caused Ezekiel to fall out of favor with God.  Anger if not careful can even cause us to lose our salvation.  I pray that we have the mind of Christ and worry not about the things that anger us, but worry about the things that will keep us in God’s mercy.  On your own please meditate on the following scriptures and may the Lord be a blessing to you today and forever.  Amen!
Proverbs 10:12" Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins.”
Proverbs 14:17" A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, And a man of wicked intentions is hated."
Proverbs 19:19" A man of great wrath will suffer punishment; For if you rescue him, you will have to do it again."
James 1:19-20" So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God"

No comments:

Post a Comment